LOS ANGELES (AP) — Former CNN speak present host Larry King has been hospitalized with COVID-19 for greater than per week, the information channel reported Saturday.
Citing an unidentified particular person near the household, CNN mentioned the 87-year-old King is present process therapy at Cedars-Sinai Medical Heart in Los Angeles.
Hospital protocols have stored King’s members of the family from visiting him.
The Peabody Award-winning broadcaster was amongst America’s most outstanding interviewers of celebrities, presidents and different newsmakers throughout a half-century profession that included 25 years with a nightly present on CNN.
He has had medical points in latest many years, together with coronary heart assaults and diagnoses of diabetes and lung most cancers.
Final yr, King misplaced two of his 5 youngsters inside weeks of one another. Son Andy King died of a coronary heart assault at 65 in August, and daughter Chaia King died from lung most cancers at 51 in July, Larry King mentioned then in a press release.
Extra health care and Big Pharma coverage from Fortune:
- The COVID-19 vaccine rollout is dangerously flawed. Science and data could fix it
- These Asian international locations have masterfully restricted COVID outbreaks. Right here’s how they did it
- COVID vaccine recipients may still be infectious. When will we all know for certain?
- COVID vaccine allergies are elevating issues. Most Individuals ought to nonetheless get their pictures
- What to learn about the CDC’s new COVID vaccine guidance for individuals with well being situations